KE&G Construction Inc. one of southern Arizona’s leading construction companies currently has an opening for an entry level field engineer. The ideal candidate for this job should have the following credentials:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience on civil construction projects.
- Minimum 1 year experience with civil construction projects.
- Must possess functional knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable past driving related history.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass pre-employment and subsequent random drug screenings.
- Must be willing to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Each candidate is expected to have a positive attitude and be able to work with his/her fellow employees.
- Must be able to effectively communicate via written and verbal communication as well as having well developed interpersonal skills.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and a take-charge attitude with the ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be punctual.
- Development and estimation of material quantities required for construction projects.
- Field verification of production quantities and rates of production.
- Monitor and track quality control issues of various materials related to the construction of various projects.
- Verification of material deliveries for conformance to project plans and specifications.
- Development of material submissions based upon project plans and specifications.
- Under the direction of supervisory staff, assess structural and earthen materials with respect to allowable design loadings and their safe use by field personnel.
- Should be familiar with reading project plans, special provisions, soil reports and other items.
- Help the estimating team finalize and closeout bids.
- Make accurate field measurements.
KE&G is a 100% employee owned company that offers each employee a unique opportunity to prosper. KE&G offers an extensive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life disability insurance, as well as other voluntary employee benefits. We also offer Personal Time Off (PTO) benefits. KE&G is drug free and is an equal opportunity employer.