KE&G Construction Inc. one of southern Arizona’s leading construction companies currently has an opening for a Civil – Assistant Estimator/Quantity Takeoff. The ideal candidate for this job should have the following credentials:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent personal experience and demonstrated experience on civil construction projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with civil construction projects.
- Must possess functional knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, Adobe Pro, Agtek Earthwork 3D or 4D, Agtek Highway, or Trimble Business Center HCE takeoff software.
- Experience with Bid2Win estimating software a plus.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable past driving related history.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass pre-employment and subsequent random drug screenings.
- Each candidate is expected to have a positive attitude and be able to work with his/her fellow employees.
- Must be able to effectively communicate via written and verbal communication as well as having well developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be punctual.
- Correctly quantify estimating quantities from the plans and explain to the lead estimator the conditions of the work.
- Should be familiar with reading project plans, special provisions, soils reports and other items.
- Help the estimating team finalize and closeout bids.
- Make accurate field measurements.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors to obtain competitive quotes and material pricing.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with others involved in estimating process.
- Perform other required tasks as needed.
KE&G is a 100% employee owned company that offers each employee a unique opportunity to prosper. KE&G offers an extensive benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life disability insurance, as well as other voluntary employee benefits. We also offer Personal Time Off (PTO) benefits. KE&G is drug free and is an equal opportunity employer.